"The arts open your heart and mind to possibilities that are limitless.
They are pathways that touch upon our brains and emotions and
bring sustenance to imagination."
- Jacques d'Amboise
We take a different route home from work. We add a new, bright scarf to an old outfit. We add a shot of caramel to our favorite coffee drink. As adults, we know it is important to shake things up a bit and stray away from the norm. Those little changes in our everyday routine wake up our souls.... (Full Blog Here).
- 06.14.13 - We have a date!
Save the Date! September 21 will be the fourth annual a.r.t. benefit concert.
Venue TBD / "in the works"
We are currently collecting classroom & art room materials for our fall teacher rummage. Contact us if you would like to donate school/art materials. firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers helping teachers. Educators helping kids get more art.
- 04.07.13 - The 4th Annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert will be held this fall. Stay tuned for more details.
- 10.31.12 - Recently a.r.t. made a donation of art supplies to a school in Edgar, WI. Thanks to Kaitlin Schlecht for sending the great photos of her students making art projects. View the photos here
- 04.27.12 - The 3rd Annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert has been announced! Click here for more information. Thank you to all our sponsors including Sven Pro Sound for providing the audio and support for our great bands this year.
- 12.02.11 - If you live in the Milwaukee area, a.r.t.-ists, this is exciting. If you live in the Bay View area, this is SUPER exciting news. Click here to zoom to the website for the scoop.
- 09.13.11 - To celebrate National Arts in Education Week, a.r.t is inviting all a.r.t.-ists to create our next slogan / tagline. The winning slogan / tagline will be featured in future a.r.t. swag. For more details and your chance to enter click (here).
- 09.06.11 - Attention a.r.t.-ists!
Check out this creative opportunity...
From September 7-28, head to the BBC on Milwaukee's east side North Avenue neighborhood and purchase a ceiling tile for $15.
Paint it with your own interpretation of a PBR logo, can, or bottle and return it to the BBC to have a permanent display in their skee-ball room.
*Proceeds will go to a.r.t. (artists. rallying. together.)
Every Wednesday in October, enjoy $1 PBR, and get a ballot to vote on your favorite piece.
Winners picked October 31.
1st prize: $200
2nd prize: PBR Barrel Party
3rd prize: PBR Swag Package
All get a permanent display of their artwork for decades to come!
Must be 21 and over to enter.
Tiles must be turned in by September 28 to be hung to judge.
More details (here).
- 08.29.11 - A big thank you to everyone who came out to the a.r.t. Fall Teacher Rummage Sale and for the great art supply donations. Stay tuned for more information on a.r.t.'s next big event.
- 08.15.11 - Top 10 Reasons to tell a friend about a.r.t.'s next event, the Fall Teacher Rummage sale. More details (here).
- 07.27.11 - The fall a.r.t. Teacher Rummage sale has been set! Saturday, August 27 from 9:30 am - 2:30 pm at Educator's Credit Union / East Side location. See our July Blog posting for more details (here).
- 06.21.11 - Teachers! Don't spend an entire paycheck at one of those teacher stores. a.r.t. will be having another teacher rummage sale in August. (All classroom materials.) Teachers helping teachers. Teachers helping kids get more art. Visit our facebook page and the a.r.t. website for details to come... happy summer!
- 05.23.11 - A big thank you to everyone who showed up for the 2nd Annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert this past weekend. It was a huge success. Thanks to all of you for being there to help raise awareness & money for art education. A special big thank you to the bands, our sponsors, all who volunteered & The Hotel Foster.
- 05.21.11 - Tonight's the big event! The 2nd Annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert kicks off tonight at 9pm with The Gutens opening the show. Come on down to The Hotel Foster on North Ave. Enjoy $3 Schlitz tallboys & $6 'double' Rehorst cocktails specials & try our 'Pull & Win Raffle' for $2 with the chance to win great raffle items such as gift certificates, free admission tickets to MAM & Summerfest, and an iPod Touch. See you there a.r.t.-ists. For more information please see the events page (here).
- 05.20.11 - See you tomorrow for the 2nd Annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert at The Hotel Foster. Event starts at 9pm. While you anxiously wait, check out the Boswell Books blog & read the wonderful mention Daniel Goldin made about a.r.t. (here).
- 05.16.11 - New raffle items for this Saturday's 2nd Annual a.r.t. Benefit concert.
Summerfest admission tickets
Milwaukee Art Museum all-inclusive admissions
For a complete, updated list of raffle items for the event check out the events page (here).
(A special thank you to all our sponsors for their donations.)
- 05.13.11 - The 2nd Annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert is right around the corner. The event will be held at The Hotel Foster on May 21, 2011 at 9:00pm. This year's event will feature live music by The Gutens / Fresh Cut Collective / The Delta Routine. There will also be a raffle with prizes from local businesses & the chance to win an iPod Touch. For more information check out the events page (here).
- 05.05.11 - A big thank you to Ms. Mike & Richards School for their generous donation of teacher suppblies for the a.r.t. Teacher Rummage sale. Don't forget to drop off your items this Friday, May 6th at Educators Credit Union on Milwaukee's East Side between 3:00-6:00pm. See you May 7th, for the rummage sale.
- 04.16.11 - The a.r.t. Teacher Rummage sale has officially found a location! Join a.r.t. on Saturday May 7th, 9am to 2pm at Educator's Credit Union on Milwaukee's East Side. For more information visit the events page (here).
- 04.05.11 - Sir Ken Robinson recently spoke to the UW-Madison campus about creativity in the classroom. Read a.r.t.'s blog about his visit (here).
- 04.05.11 - a.r.t. Happy Hour | Friday, April 8, 2011 | Art Bar Milwaukee.
Meet your fellow a.r.t. group members & learn about upcoming a.r.t. events. Check the a.r.t. Happy Hour list for more information (here).
- 03.17.11 - ThirdCoast Digest PODCAST with a.r.t. founder & director, Christina Ratatori. Listen as Mark Metcalf interviews Christina Ratatori about the impact of arts education on the whole child (here).
- 03.04.11 - Save the date! Saturday, May 7th. a.r.t. teacher/classroom materials rummage sale. Check back for more details.
- 02.21.11 - Save the date! Saturday, May 21st. 2nd annual a.r.t. Benefit Concert. Details to come soon!
- 10.29.10 - Linda Nathan blogs about her recent trip to Milwaukee & a.r.t.
Read her blog on her website (here).
- 10.24.10 - Thanks to everyone who came out for Linda Nathan's visit to Milwaukee.
Check out the photos from Boswell Books (here).
- 10.23.10 - Linda Nathan speaks at Boswell Books today 4:00pm.
Check out the events page for more information (here).